Wednesday, February 01, 2017

it's a small world Facade and Topiary

Continuing with the views from August 1970 of it's a small world with a nice view of the exterior façade designed by Mary Blair and Rolly Crump. The plain white color and many different textures and shapes make the exterior of this attraction very interesting. The eye wants to explore the various nooks and crannies created by the varied surfaces.

The second view is of a topiary animal set on the queue and load/unload area. Since the Tower of Four Winds was not moved to Disneyland from the New York World's Fair, the topiaries were placed in the area to add interest and a visual focal point for guests while waiting in line. .

2 comments:

Chuck said...

I much prefer the façade in white to the multicolored version, although I can't say just why.

I'm not being coy - I really have no idea.

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are very nice IASW shots, the low viewpoint is very interesting.

I'm with Chuck, the original white and gold is the best look, Followed by the Christmas overlay. The pink and blue just never looked right to me.

JG